We’d like to thank all the applicants for the time and energy invested in applying for the Hands Up Lake County, 2021 Small Business Competition. If you were not among the applicants selected to advance to the next phase of the competition, we hope you will apply next year.
All the business ideas presented were impressive, it was a tough selection process. Ultimately, 20 of 50 applicants were selected to progress to the next phase, a 1-day workshop and mini-competition.
We are pleased to congratulate the following applicants.
- Curtis Cook, Land Escape
- Lorena Berenice Barragan, Lorena’s Sweet Love
- Maria Silva, Party Ideas
- Nicole B Gentry, The Grilled Cheese
- Shawna Loren Brown, Moonflowers
Hidden Valley Lake
- Danae Rose Anthony, Pinstripes Patisserie
- Vanessa Caldwell, Toads Jump
- Barbara Ann Flynn, Wine in the Willows
- Brianna Elisabeth Thomas, RedFeatherLeather
- Jacob Emile Bridges, Seeds of War
- Kimberly Anne Reichmuth, Style and Soul Boutique
- Leah RT Fischer, Phresh Pharm Husky & Pom Ranch Care, and Kennels
- Lyle Valador, Hooty-Hoot Baits
- Myria Virginia Wolfe, Lakeport Motor Sales
- Valeri Ann Stallings, Send Rover on Over Doggie Daycare, Training, Boarding & Grooming
- Jemmy Judith Jandres, Sweet Lake
- William Jaymes Jackson-Wyatt, Crazy Quilt Farms
We will be sending out more details about the program. We can’t wait to meet see all the candidates at the 1-day workshop on August 28, 2021, followed by the mini-competition on October 23, 2021, which will be held at Konocti Vista Casino.